Thursday, April 12, 2007

PM freezes own pay for 5 years and donates pay hike to charity

Since this topic has been on my blog for a while, I thought I'd just add this in for completeness sake. I think the PM's gesture is to alleviate any pressure on his government for the pay increases. It's a good move I guess, since pressure has been mounting over this issue. This topic is a tired one already, and I do not wish to debate anymore about it. Case closed. Thing is, the Civil Service might be scheduled for another pay increase at the end of the year.


Read about the PM's conciliatory gesture here.

(ST, 11 April) - Ms Denise Phua (from Jalan Besar GRC) argued against using high pay to attract talent to ministerial positions. Very well thought out and easily understandable. A good read.

No comments: